Our team is warm, loving and welcoming! We pride ourselves on congruency and can ensure you that we won’t ask of you anything we don’t personally do ourselves! When you’re in our office, not only will you feel like family, you can rest assure that you are in some the best hands the profession of chiropractic has to offer!
With less than 2% of chiropractors doing what we do, our office is extremely unique! Meet the Team responsible for why we can provide the level of care that we do.
MEET DOCTOR COTEY
MY Chiropractic Story
I suffered from debilitating migraines from the age of 10-21. As a child I felt different from the other kids and as a young adult, I was miserable and felt hopeless. A gentlemen who I had never even met had insisted I go to his doctor for my condition, it turned out his doctor was a chiropractor! At the time, I never even heard of chiropractic let alone knew what a chiropractor was. Specific Corrective Care Chiropractic gave me my life back - so much so that I went back to school to become a chiropractor! I absolutely love what I do!!!
The Day My Life Changed...READ MORE
• Originally from Sussex, Wisconsin “Go PACK Go!!!”
• Currently serving my 18th year in the United States Air Force
• Best marathon time is a 3:03:34 (would love to run sub 3-hours!)
• Bungee jumped three times, Skydived 13 times, and Fire Walked in my own backyard
• Envision myself speaking in front of a crowd of 35,000+ people
MEET DOCTOR AMANDA
My chiropractic Story
I was on the fast track to medical school to become a Neurosurgeon when I experienced my 9th concussion while playing rugby that left me with uncontrollable vomiting, seizures, random blackouts, inability to read, and going from Valedictorian to literally failing tests. I thought my life was over. After going to endless doctors and specialists, it ended up being a Specific Gonstead Chiropractor who eventually turned the power to my brain back on and gave me back my life!
WOW, I thought! I could optimize someone’s nervous system without having to cut into their brain! DONE, I knew right then I was meant to be a Chiropractor!!!
I believe everyone, and especially children, deserve the right to achieve their optimal level of health. It is your nervous system that controls this ability.
The Day My Life Changed...READ MORE
• Originally from Meadville, Pennsylvania - My dad went to school with Sharon Stone!
• Suffered from my 9th concussion (Not Fun!) during a playoff Rugby game at IUP
• Certified Skydiver with over 300 Jumps
• Trained and completed a Full-Marathon while my hubby was deployed to Afghanistan
• I am a mother to two daughters – Ali and Alex who are my most precious assets
My chiropractic Story
In my early thirties, I was told that I would never have children and diagnosed with hypothyroidism and PCOS. While experiencing irregular cycles, I gained over 40 pounds, was extremely fatigued having little to no energy, and I had mood swings that were spiraling out of control. It got so bad that my brother suggested I come see the chiropractors he and his entire family had been going to for years - Drs. Cotey and Amanda Jordan! I had my first adjustment, and 5 days later I started my cycle. This is something that was so irregular for so long that I thought it was a coincidence. But then it happened the next month and then the next and it was completely consistent for almost 2 years up until the point where I found out I was expecting my first child, Declan! Specific Corrective Care Chiropractic gave me my life back!
• I'm a New Years Eve baby
• I delivered my son at home and his first Chiropractic adjustment was at only 3 hours old
my Chiropractic Story
I’ve served the Beaver County area as a Paramedic for nearly 18 years.
There is alot of heavy and awkward lifting involved in that profession. The risk of injury is high and threatened my livelihood in that field on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. I’ve always been a faithful believer is proactive chiropractic care and saw my chiropractor frequently. However, it wasn’t until I met Dr. Cotey and Dr. Amanda that I realized that all I was doing still just wasn’t enough. Issues that I had been dealing with were actually getting worse. In just my first 3-months of care with Family Chiropractic, I was healing much better, feeling significantly less pain/discomfort, and my athletic performance as a marathon runner improved greatly.
I have since resigned as a Paramedic, and joined the Family Chiropractic team as the Front C.A. in the office. I am grateful everyday for the opportunity to work alongside these two incredible Doctors who have taken me under their wing and significantly improved the quality of my life.
• I have completed nearly 200 different race events in the past 5 years. (Including 20 half marathons, 10 full marathons, 3 ultramarathons, and 1 Tough Mudder across 8 different states.)
• It is my dream to qualify for and run the Boston Marathon.
• I love animals and have rescued or adopted all of my pets. (Currently homing 4 cats and 2 dogs.)
• I am an “adrenaline junkie” and I am always up for an “adventure”.
• I love to write and am the author of the blog “fortheloveoftherun.org”
OUR MISSION IS TO HELP YOU GET YOUR LIFE BACK!
It’s what we do that’s different and unique that allows us to get results where other systems fail. We are known for our specificity and long-term results.
OUR TEAM IS EXTREMELY ACTIVE IN OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY!
Lead Singer of The Clarks
American Film Director
ABC’s Secret Millionaire
Pittsburgh Native NHL Champion
National Leading Researcher
Roberto Monaco, Seth, Dr. Cotey Jordan
World Renowned Speaker
Emmy Award Winner
NBA World Champion Coach
"I have now been able to go a couple weeks headache free, and when they do occur they are tolerable -even without medication."
• • •