Our doctors are trained specifically in the Gonstead System of Chiropractic so you can ensure you are receiving a precise adjustment every time you step foot into the office. Their hands will amaze you. In fact, they have to put them on ice every night and need days off in between because they get so hot!
The Gonstead Difference
During treatment, Gonstead chiropractors avoid twisting of the spine. Instead, these highly trained
doctors use precise movements to adjust specific vertebrae.
The Gonstead Analysis
To find out exactly where to adjust you, Gonstead chiropractors use five important criteria:
1. Instrumentation: The Nervoscope detects heat along the spine which is consistent with
inflammation and pressure on nerves. The instrument has two probes and gently glides down
each side of the spine during the examination.
2. Static Palpation: When nerves are compressed and spinal joints malfunction they can produce
swelling (edema) in that area as well as tightness in the muscles. We will feel for these areas on
your back and neck using the finger tips while you sit in a stationary position.
3. Motion Palpation: When spinal segments malfunction, they can “lock up” or become too loose. By gently moving the spine in different ways, we can feel which segments move improperly.
4. Visualization: We look for abnormalities in posture and gait that are uneven. This is important when taking into account all other criteria and making important decisions about your care.
5. X-ray Analysis (except during pregnancy): The prior four analysis criteria allows us to find which spinal segment(s) are malfunctioning and the exact location of where nerve pressure exists. Spinal x-rays allow for a “blue print” of your spine which is important in determining specifically how the spinal segments involved are to be adjusted. X-Rays are also helpful in determining fracture, postural distortions, arthritic conditions, etc.
These five criteria allow us to locate your problem down to the individual segment and nerve involved. With this information along with a detailed heath history, we can deliver a precise adjustment in the most mechanically correct way to only the problem segments. In doing so, the goal is to eliminate nerve pressure caused by the effects of the subluxation and allow the body to function optimally. Specialized training is required by Gonstead chiropractors beyond the knowledge gained in chiropractic school. The training consists of hundreds of hours of seminar work study in adjusting technique, analysis as well as specialized case management of a variety of health conditions.
"This practice is very flexible with schedules and gets down to the nuts and bolts of the problem. The treatments were effective and I experienced results in less time than I could have imagined." - Scott S.
"Family chiropractic is the best at what they do. They are the only ones who will work on my back. Due to being fused in 11 places. I have never felt so good. I used to walk hunched over and for the first time in probably 20 years, I can walk straight up." - Mike S.
"Family Chiropractic gave me hope for a healthy life again!! After spending 5 days in a hospital bed and hearing that being there could be the norm for me, I began searching for answers. I refused to believe that pain meds and constant medical supervision were my story. That's when I found Dr. Amanda and Dr. Cotey! They opened my eyes to the healing power of my body through chiropractic and I haven't felt this good in ages! I highly recommend this office for their incredible dedication to each of their patients' individual health. Family Chiropractic is beyond AMAZING! " - Stephanie O.
"One week in and I already can feel the difference! A little back story - I already had a chiropractor whom are really dear friends and love them, however, I had many signs that pointed me to Family Chiropractic. I followed the signs and I honestly cannot explain the difference in care. They take the time to explain everything so you don't leave wondering what is wrong - you can see it in the x-ray! It's right there in front of you. I now understand what body functions are affected by my mess of a spine and it explains my list of health issues. I'm looking very forward to the next year or so in regaining my health and life back. Thank you to Heather who first invited me to visit, then to Dr. Amanda & Dr. Cotey for their amazing knowledge and adjustments thus far. There is a difference between a chiropractor and a Gonstead corrective care chiropractor. A HUGE difference! I highly recommend them!" – Melanie R.